TO THE FUTURE!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

If you think I plan ahead, there's clearly a need for you go out more and open your eyes.

This world is FILLED with brilliant people.

I have a classmate who's playing stock market now. Dealing with her own shares. Although I don't know how much is she actually handling.. but this is the REAL STOCK MARKET we're talking about. Not the super fun thing on what-was-it? Oh yeah. NEOPETS. Which admittedly I played before and rather liked it. Haha.

I know sometimes I like talking about me dealing with my own money. Opening accounts. Changing currency. Watching the exchange rate. Deciding the amount to change. Taking up the PTPTN to change into sterling for my future allowance. Stuff like this and that. It makes me feel a little grown up, a little more ready to face the world but frankly, I'm still way behind a lot of people.

Stuff like this is NOTHING. I'll feel proud if I can predict the market and decide what unit trust to buy, shares I should invest in, when will the sterling rate drop. But sadly I could do none of the above. All that I'm doing now, are simple procedural, administrative, effortless stuff that just requires you to JUST DO IT. And honestly anyone can do it. If they ever feel the need to or something.

Which is my point honestly. Everyone is brought up differently. I am brought up to KNOW stuff like that. To deal with simple things of my own. If you're not, and you don't feel the need to, then I would say you're lucky, you have a fantastic life, but come on.. one FINE DAY you'll have to learn stuff like these!!! So I'll appreciate it if people stop thinking I'm a little too obsessed with money, that I think too much when it comes to money.. COME ON.. why shouldn't I? You should start too. I'm already behind many people, you have a lot of catching up to do!

Sometimes I don't blame Ms. Juelle for talking about how parents these days spoil their kids. Yeah, I think so too. Honestly my dad treat me soooo much nicer than I deserve. I get a new phone when I didn't ask for it. I get my wall-mounted monitor as soon as I asked for it. I got my 2nd Ipod even though I carelessly lost my 1st. There's just so many things that I don't deserve but because I want it, dad gives in. Most of the time. But I think I'm mature enough to know that half the time I shouldn't get what I want just because I want it. Which is essentially why I am having mixed feelings about going UK next year.

I want to learn more from people who are different. Who DARED to step out of their comfort zone. Though I have perhaps progressed a little through the years, I'm still far. Far far from whatever that's out there.

I want to grow up faster.

Albeit the money is not a small amount, I'll just have to make it worthwhile.

__________________________________________________

歌名:一起走到
附註:唱吧/新加坡2002主題歌
語言:國語, 曲長:4m6s
作曲:Dick Lee, 編曲:Kenn C
監製:李偉菘, 填詞:梁文福

是否還記得 從前美麗的天色
那時天很藍 我們的未來都在不遠地方晴朗著
一切都變了 生命不只是快樂
濃濃黑霧籠罩我們 暴風雨就要來了
但誰說不能 肩並著肩站穩
我們用心和用愛創造 讓新的世界誕生

(CHORUS)
在我心中我知道 這是永恆的長跑
好不容易 來到這裡 明天還要追更多榮耀
把自己角色扮演好 全力以赴每一秒
和我的家人和我的朋友 向著目標手牽手 一起走到

這又是起點 我們有一樣心願
當我們團結 狂風巨浪也不能阻擋我們走向前
誰害怕改變 只要緊握著信念
心中有夢沒有遙遠 跨出去就在瞬間
但誰說不能 肩並著肩站穩
我們用心和用愛創造 讓新的世界誕生

TO THE FUTURE!

0 comments: