I shouldn't be thinking about going to UK next year. I really shouldn't. I don't even need to provide you with a list of reasons as to why I shouldn't because one is sufficient. IT COST TOO MUCH. I know there are people who believe differently but my parents, my dad especially, believes that you shouldn't use money to buy education. And ya, truthfully I agree to a certain extent. But my thoughts are so contradictory at times.
First I want a reasonably ranked university. I know they say ranking doesn't really matter but dang I don't want to go the last one on the list. I am biased, I'll admit. How now? The better ranked ones are relatively more expensive, not to mention some of them only admit year 2 students. Which means I'll have to do a 1+2 instead. Requirement for year 3 entry is also higher. Meaning within my choice of universities will be much lesser. And one more factor is, I know I can get into relatively good universities, so how? Which matters more now huh? =.= The money or my education.
I need Mr. Lawrence to do an evaluation for me haha.
If you honestly ask me, putting the money matter aside, I would go immediately. Even after A-Levels frankly. But then how can you push aside the most important factor here huh. Dad's concern about the money. I too, if possible, want to use as little of their money as I possibly could. Both my parents studied in NSW on full scholarship. You have to understand the expectation that I have to live up with. Even though that was decades ago but having my character you would too understand the strive for independence is strong. I don't want my parents to use the 'I spent so much money on you' excuse 10 years down the road.
Oh yeah, my mum simply doesn't want me to go so early.
Going next year would means spending 3 years in UK! Three! I have to spend another year to sit for the BAR which I have no clue regarding its cost. After that I MIGHT come back to do my 9 months chambering but I'll leave here as soon as I can. You won't question my decision once you hear about the starting pay for lawyers. X.x
So mathematically, (lawyers do suck at maths - it's NOT a myth) I won't and don't actually plan to be spending much time home in Malaysia. If my plans go smoothly.
Anyway.. the reason I'm bringing all these up is because application for UCAS has started. I'm definitely applying. If, IF, I get offers from the unis that I really want to go.. I really don't know how to decide. But my headache shall begin then I supposed.
For now, I really need to get back to the horribly terribly D-R-Y legislative process. And I really hate US for having such a complex process. Who took law in ADP? =.=
I'm soooooo craving for creampuffs.
The BIG question.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Posted by
Ariel
at
Sunday, November 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
OMG dy creampuff looks so cute wey~
Post a Comment