Things have been rather hectic this week. As you probably can see from all the photos in Facebook Law Ball had just passed and I'm suffering from a big hole in my purse and bank a/c. But well I don't exactly want to describe how it went because the photos on Facebook can say much more..
I haven't been myself lately. Of course not all the time.. but the thing with being alone is that whenever you feel down, the sadness seems to multiply. And I'm not good at dealing with being sad because I never quite know how to cheer myself up. I don't have the habit of calling people up and chatting with them. Neither do I like ice-cream so I can't cuddle up on the sofa and watch TV while eating it. I prefer being left alone when I'm sad but yet I hate that feeling of being alone..
So mostly I just sleep.
But finals are coming. I have tonnes of stuff to study. I'm already wayyyy behind and I am feeling a little stressed already. I can't afford to keep sleeping whenever I feel down. I can't afford to stare into nothingness and wait for my studying mood to come back. I need to find it. Or rather I need to be able to force myself to study without needing to BE in the mood to study.
Do you think it's possible?
Sighhh...
So I guess sleeping is not an option because the books will come to haunt me in my dreams.
I could go out when I'm sad. I used to do that. Go out and buy a few earrings (have you wondered why I have that many?).. it helps sometimes. But not lately because I'm broke! And the weather is too hot to go out shopping.
Next option..
Read a book.. something that can grabs my attention. Maybe Twilight or something.. that usually keeps me engrossed. But again, it'll glue me to the book for the entire day and I end up NOT getting any studies done. Can't have that. Ineffective distraction. This goes the same to watching movies or reading comics.
Sometimes I'll play with Nikki.. but not when it's so hot in the afternoon!
Sometimes I'll bake.. but that takes up too much time. And I prefer to bake when I'm feeling happy.
So.. No sleeping. No shopping. No reading. No watching. No playing. No baking.
I think I'm left with little option but to just study. And so I guess that's what I shall do.
Going to Hong Kong next Thurs. Usually I'll be happy about this but not when it clashes with my Practical exams. Gah.. but I guess I want to go and get myself a pair of new shoes. I don't care if drains my bank a/c because I really NEED new shoes. That thought might cheer me up a little haha.
Alright.. back to war with books.
What I do when I'm sad
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Posted by
Ariel
at
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment