Whenever I tell someone I'm studying law.. the first thing they'll ask me is..
"Is it hard?"
Haha well.. it's definitely NOT easy. Everything I study is about law. Criminal law, Constitutional law, Contract law, Legal System, Legal skills.. you can imagine how heavy these subjects are! I kinda do miss Econs but honestly.. law isn't THAT bad. So far..
Today over lunch we were discussing about touring Europe when all of us go to UK to study. Lol.. we really see things quite far ahead don't we? :D ..until someone pulled us back onto the ground and say, "Let's see whether we'll survive the first two years first lah.."
True.
Despite the mass of homework and reading required to be done, I still find my uni life so far.. awesome! That coming from me is really something okay! Because I tend to go with.. 'it's not bad lah.' But no, this time, it really is something. I can foresee a very meaningful study journey ahead. Great lecturers, amazing friends.. what more do I need? (Oh yeah.. more freedom :P)
My new friends are really great. Even though it has just been a month plus, I feel as if I've known some of them for ages! It's just so natural, so easy! I guess that's what all the adults mean when they say 'Uni life is the best!'. Really.. having them around gives studying law a whole different meaning.
Okay even I find myself weird nowadays.
On the lecturer topic I really have SOOOOO much to say! But then it'll not be so interesting to you all out there since you guys can't witness it for youself haha. Just bare with me though, I'll try to keep things short..
Mr. Mark Goh is soooooooo cartoon-ish! He's a joke I tell you. Him and his weird pronounciation of the word 'carlour' (colour). He freaking lifts the table by the side and go left right left right and he ALWAYS mutter to himself like some crazy lunatic then say, "It's fine if you don't understand me" Okay.. the WEIRDEST thing about him is, he regards all the principles of the law (ie the Separation of Powers, Parliament Sovereignty) as B.S. aka. Bullshit. He SERIOUSLY says that! He'll go like.. "All these whitemen too free, think of these theories, can't you just smell the bullshit?" LOL. What kind of teacher calls the things he's teaching crap? And let me introduce you all to a new term of his - Crapathology!!
Ms. Kathleen is scary. She's so cool and everything a female lawyer wishes to be. Collected even though she looks very stern all the time and has this whole 'mighty' aura spreading out. But seriously! An idol to a lot of people. Oh oh! And she has an AMAZING figure! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! And she can dance! Like sway her hips and dance, dance! We made her and Mr. Damian perform together today for our own 'informal' orientation and they were really... Wow. And she has accordingly to some distant friend of mine, 3 tattoos!!!!! We've only seen one on her back at the waist line so far. Cool huh?
Oh and for a random note. I'm really glad I didn't go to Taylors Law School. That weird guy that came and did a presentation that day for some Law Convention thingy. He really qualifies for 'The Most Annoying Presenter Ever'! Kenny actually said to his face, "The way your voice goes up and down really gives me a headache!" Wooohooooo...
I love the routinue I'm having now. Early morning go to class, puts down bag (I'm usually the first to arrive - I KNOW! AMAZING RIGHT?!) wait for about 10 minutes for other people to come, goes down to join them for breakfast and a cup of coffee. Wheeeeee. :D Some days it's really happening like 15 of us eating breakfast together that sort haha. Then go back to class. Try my best not to fall asleep. Lunch break! Eat together :D etc etc etc.
We actually had our 'informal' orientation today, which was all about games and having fun! We got really close (even physically XD!), danced like a fool (at least for me), embarassed myself totally! Even when I was leaving Iris HAD to repeat my dance move X.X I was forced okayyy... But I really didn't know Nutshell could do stuns!!! O.O And all the times I've made fun of him! Man I could go on and on and on but I guess if you're really that interested you're just going to have to go to facebook and look for photos haha.
Now I'm looking forward to the masquerade party for July-September orientation! Wooohoo... if it's going to be anything as fun as this then it'll be aweeeesome! :D Oh but first I'm in the carnival team =.= Planning is commencing soon I think.
Oh a sadder note, I know I'm kind of neglecting my AIESEC work. I feel bad.. I really do. But the whole thing is really not appealing to me at all anymore. I can't find anything to motivate me to work harder. Maybe CA job is just too boring. Okay probably my problem is I'm not used to being in the lowest level of the hierarchy, when I know I can do much better than that. (Just too lazy XP)
I wanted to go Taiwan for HEROES but haih.. with the H1N1 cases that's getting worst every day I think I should forget it. Not to mention the money involved. X.X And assignment deadlines are all around that time. Oh I won't even start talking about assignments because I haven't even started reading the questions yet XD. I'm screwed. But I'm really set on going for internship after my first year :D Some time around June 2010.


0 comments:
Post a Comment