One 'Hellofaday'

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What a day.

Honestly I just have to blog about today and mark it down in my diary (or blog in this case) because it's not everyday something like this happens. To me at least.

Yesterday night I was panicking because I had no idea who was going to accompany me to the marketing trip to Mitsui & Co. today. And I'm afraid that they'll end up telling me that I have to go myself because no one else is free. If that's the case I'll be DEAD. I've been soooooo cut-off from AIESEC work that I really don't know anything. The testimonial job questionnaires details proposals blah blah blah. All the technical stuff. I can't remember a thing. @.@ And neither do I have the right documents in hand.

When Kevin told me that the Netherlands ceeder, Robin will be accompanying me; it didn't ease my worries at all. A foreigner? What if he's still not accustomed to the Malaysian way of doing things and in the end I have to do a lot of explaining? @.@ And furthermore I don't even know whether he knows his way there. Heck even I didn't know my way there! Google map, company address and what dad said directed me to three different places! And what if he's late? Then what am I supposed to do? ._.

Weirdly or you can call it coincidentally, Jun Jie called at that time for some reason. And I was going on about this problem of mine and guess what? Apparentlyyyyy.......... the HR Manager who I was supposed to meet today was his aunt. And I've been to her house for Christmas Party last year. I don't even know whether that should be viewed as making matters better or worst.

So I went to class today.. fell asleep in Contract law class despite sitting in the FIRST row. The rest of the gang bailed out on me. All must be sleeping. After that I went to KL Sentral had mcD (I forgot to bring my vouchers! *sob*) then went to KLCC then Selangor Dredging to check out British Council's cources. The guy there was so unfriendly. UGH. Went back to mum's office. Made my Alliance Bank Unique credit card (that allows me to put my own photo as the background of the credit card!) I'm going to put Nikki's photo btw. Then we went to pavillion for lunch.

I was kinda nervous at that time that I swear the porridge I was eating was just getting more and more. Or well it was getting more and more watery so it appeared to be getting more and more. (sorry if I confused you) Anyway finally at 2.40pm I called Robin and thankfully he was already in Pavillion so I told him to meet me at the center court where they were having Lexus exhibition. We didn't mention on the phone what each other was wearing or anything like that. I just figured we'll see how it goes. If I can't find him I'll just call again and see whose phone rings at that place.

LOL. If you've been to Pavillion, you would probably remember the very long stairs leading go the Bukit Bintang exit? I was rushing down the stairs when I saw this REALLLLY tall blond hair dude with a black file walking towards the stairs. At first impression, I thought he was just one of the Lexus car dealers because he was WEARING a suit with a red tie. And well I didn't think you need to be THAT formal for a marketing trip?!?!??! Hell I was this close to wearing my half-torned (or worst than torned) beige ballet-like shoes. (I end up wearing the new pair of working heels I got for 20 bucks at 1U which was freaking TIGHT) Anyway back to topic.. this reallllyyyy tallll dude came over to me and ask, "Are you Ariel?"

*silently nods*

HE WAS TWO HEADS TALLER THAN ME. (or probably more if I wasn't wearing my heels)

Anyway we were rushing so I quickly led the way to the Mitsui office. I gave him the company's employee's criteria list to browse through.. lol you want to know how I felt at that time? I feel like I'm a tiny secretary of this HUGE (literally) boss. I was giving him documents to add into his proposals and asking him to read through important documents! HAHAHA..

I'll skip the whole work part because it's well... work. But anyway JJ's aunt didn't recognise me, and neither did she showed any sign of seeing me as a familiar face. Which is good. Honestly. :)

After that Robin said he needed to get to KL Sentral by 4pm to pick up some Dutch ambassadors.

Dutch Ambassadors?

HE SAID THAT. SERIOUSLY. I was like 'huh?' but I said nothing. He asked whether I wanted to follow and I was like cool. Anyway mum picks me up from KL Sentral. I think it was good that I went with him because we waited soooo long for the 'Dutch ambassadors'..

Who... were....

young adults like you and me..

on the AIESEC AMBASSADOR Programme.

(I know I felt so stupid. I mean how could I have thought they would be REAL Dutch ambassadors. Actually I knew they couldn't have been because those really important people has VIP Limo to pick them up and they won't even sit the KLIA Express. But yeah anyway I feel like a fool lol)

I was showing Robin some Chinese characters while we were waiting. (My chinese needs MAJOR improvements) He asked me to write his name in Chinese and I stunned there for a while. How would I remember ?!?! Luckily my phone has pin yin and I could find two words that fits the sound and wrote it out for him. When I explained the Bi Hua (sequence when writing a word) and how important it was especially since you need it to be able to use the Chinese dictionary.. he said, and I quote, "This is SICK." It's soooo difficult!"

Now you know.

And btw I couldn't answer him when he asked how many characters do we have in Chinese. I have noooo idea. A LOT. Does anyone know?

Of the two other Dutch guys that came, one of them actually looked like Nick Jonas! SERIOUSLY. I didn't accompany them to the MC office after that because my stupid Touch n Go card wouldn't work and I could BARELY walk anymore in my heels. So we bid goodbye.. and I'm feeling soooo sad that I didn't even get a picture!

*sob*

Guess I should involve myself more in AIESEC work now haha.. Just to get a chance to meet up with these people again. Honestly they aren't that special. What's special is that I'm surprised I could last half a day with Robin and we actually had many things to talk about. There weren't any awkward moments which I felt out of place because of my height, nationality, status in AIESEC (he was an MC! I'm a nothing). Now I'm going to look forward to a next chance of mingling with a whole GROUP of interns. I don't do well in groups honestly as seen during the ambassadors night the other day. I felt SO out of place there. Even though there were Taylorians around who I know..

I think ultimately this should be what AIESEC is about. Not just making marketing calls to random companies. hahaha..

0 comments: