Passion for law?

Monday, March 16, 2009

Yesterday I went to KLCC to attend UK's Top Universities Mini Edufair in Mandarin Oriental. All I can say is.. *opens mouth*

-SPEECHLESS-

Firstly there were only four universities there. London School of Economics (LSE), Imperial College, University College of London (UCL), and King's College. Yes yes.. among the top 5 in UK and probably world. I only managed to check out UCL's booth because there were so many people there that actually wanted to ask about things whereas I was just there to waste their time. Haha.. because first of all I have no intention to go into any of the universities there. And neither do I have the ability to afford or get a place in fact.

Anyway.. that's not my main point.

The lady who briefed us about studying law in London's top university said some really 'strong' stuff that I can't seem to get out of my mind haha. Firstly she said they only choose the top of the TOP. Therefore getting all the grades (straight As) does not necessarily mean you'll be given a place, but rather they put strong emphasis on your PASSION for law. She said, and I quote.

"Just 'studying' law is not enough, you must read, sleep and eat law."

I'm serious.

She said they are interested in knowing what drove you towards studying law. Was it to seek justice? Maybe over an incident of your neighbour killing your cat? Was it because you're influenced by some big idol? Was it because of the money? (Ariel: YES!!!!!) Speaker: But please don't mention that in your personal statement.

HAHAHAHAHA.

So what? Can't I study law because I'm attracted to the money? LOL.

Can't I pursue legal studies without having to READ, SLEEP and EAT law?

*stick out tongue*

Who cares! XD

0 comments: