Isn't it nice when once in a while, an old friend calls you up asking you how have you been? How are things? Don't you just get all excited.. suddenly reminiscing all the good old times you've shared? Well I know I enjoy that feeling. I love it when someone calls.. someone I don't see everyday.. someone I don't realize how I've missed until the phone rang minutes ago.
It's hard to get such people these days. Everyone is so caught up with their own life. I'm not accusing anyone here because I know fully well that I'm that kind too. Which is exactly why I treasure and admire those friends that are willing to just spend 15 minutes of their time calling up to check on an old friend. Is that 15 minutes that precious that you can't give away?
Certainly not.
I know.. I know.. I haven't actually played that role before too. I know I'm with the ones that sit back and get occupied with my own life wishing everyday that someone will call. Frankly.. I miss a lot of people.. miss a lot of things.. So yeah.. I should get it into my head to occasionally dial up some old friend and have a nice chat. I really should.. Because there is just an endless list of things that I miss..
- I miss wearing my school uniform.
- I miss wearing my cadet uniform.. especially the Sergeant one.
- I miss shouting as loud as I please.. and feel how the power of my voice soar in the air.
- I miss star-gazing by the school sports centre rooftop. So high and dark.
- I miss lying on the school field.. trying to search for stars.
- I miss the Ed. Board room.. so so much that I simply can't understand the reason behind it.
- I miss my class.. no matter how noisy it is.. how some people just love to bully me.
- I miss marching.. the whole synchronizing and unity of it.
- I miss school cadet camps. Especially the part where we climb and jump across walls and swim in the field.
- I miss running from Kanna Curry House back to school in the heavy rain.. soaking wet and laughing.
- I miss watching Kihraan going around bully someone else rather than me.
- I miss seeing Wei Jian and his sudden, "You're Fired!"
- I miss taking photographs at all the events with the Ed. Boarders.
- I miss Wei Yang acting all girlish holding a handbag.
- I miss being the monitor and getting Miss Ong mad.. her favourite line, (in chinese) "Xiu Tao, you arr... "
- I miss skipping class and hiding in the Ed. Board room or even helping out in things that I don't have to.
- I miss throwing stationary onto Ed. Board's room notice board.
- I miss how its floor is always so cooling and so nice to lay on.
- I miss staying over night in school.. (not particularly in tents though)
- I miss cooking during cadet camps..
- I miss the whole stack of rough paper supply in the Ed. Board room that will never run out.. always there when I need to conteng.
- I miss the school's canteen food, especially the jelly..
- I miss eating jellies with everyone! Especially Shu Ying.. which for some reason I thought of now.
- I miss giving the cadets impossible tasks to do..
- I miss getting so burnt under the sun.
- I miss seeing how Khai Ling is so oblivious to her surroundings when she's reading a book.
- I miss saying the word, 'mangan' and have people say it back.
- I miss celebrating someone's birthday.. and have so much fun preparing the perfect present for him/her.
- I miss how everyone would snatch away my creampuffs.
- I miss how we would lecture Jiunn Heng (or secretly shake our heads) whenever he picks up the liquid paper to liquid off a completely error-free word..
- I miss that one time when Jiunn Heng said my creampuffs look ugly.
- I miss when we would gang up and scold Wei Yang.
- I miss when we laugh together at whatever things that Sexing said which does not make sense.
- I miss singing in class!
- I miss hiding / running away from Mr. Michael.
- I miss the drama we did together.. coming back to school during holidays to practice.
- I miss Pn. Yap and her jolly jolly character.
- I miss Pn. Quek's accounting class.. where there's always snacks ready for us.
- I miss slipping out of the classroom for no reason.. just because I know I won't get caught with the monitor's badge shining in front of my pinafore.
- I miss Pn. Sim's classes.. She's so cuteeee.. even though I dropped Physics.
- I miss staring blankly in front of Ed room's computer.. figuring out what went wrong with the layout.
- I miss the excitement during photoshoot days.. how busy everyone was.. how fun it was to work together.
- I miss Pn. Chan and her character. Hahaha.. how everyone was always so afraid to see her name appear on handphone screen when it vibrates or rings.
- I miss how she would laugh on second then go.. (in chinese), "Ha! I don't know o.."
- I miss how we would have to decide who should take home the remaining nuggets that she buys.
- I miss recess with everyone in the Ed room.. complaining about which prefect that stopped us from bringing food in.
- I miss Sports Day.. the colours, the races, the Houses, the grand decorations of each tents, the tug-of-war, Pn. Lim Yoke Keng.. her whole expression full with of excitement as she cheered on with us.
- I miss seeing all the friendly faces along the corridor.. saying hi and waving to the students, and bowing low in respect to the teachers.
- I miss gossiping about the new couples in class/school.. what are the latest developments.
- I miss hearing people calling me all sort of names, from.. mangan, tao, tao jie, donut, sakai, ariel, coli-cangkerang (you don't want to know).. to as far stretched as, 'Eh, nanti kena tulah!'


0 comments:
Post a Comment